Becoming the most sought Youtube Vlogger has been gaining a decent reputation these days. An enormous number of aspirants are creating and uploading their own videos in their youtube channel. The goal is to get the attention of viewers and generate as many views as possible so they can monetize their channel through ads. For today's trend, it looks like almost everyone is hopping on the
Having a CAMERA is evidently #1 , pretty obvious don't you think?
Before picking up a camera to begin your new endeavor, there will be a lot of choices to choose from but it can be very hard to determine which one is definitely right for you. As a newbie, you have to just stick to a camera that will offer you high-quality videos, because if vlogging will be just your pastime activity or career you want to pursue, you will eventually upgrade your camera.
To get you started, you can start vlogging without having to spend a huge amount of money to buy an expensive camera. You can use your smartphones or even the built-in webcam of your computer to create great videos.
There are several affordable cameras that can also produce high-quality videos. As a beginner, you don't want to jump in with the pros. You can start with an entry-level DSLR with a video recorder capabilities, camcorders, GoPros or a mirrorless camera with a 1080p high definition resolution.
Choosing a suitable camera depends on your own preference and budget.
Top 5 cameras with high quality resolution and recommend for vlogging.
- Newly developed 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor which outperforms previous models in its scene recognition accuracy in SR+ AUTO mode, color reproduction performance and skin tone reproduction capability.
- Newly Developed XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS Power Zoom Lens
- Bluetooth technology has been added for quick, easy and automatic transfer of still images and videos to paired smartphones and tablet devices, using the free Fujifilm camera remote app.
- Large rear LCD monitor that can rotate 180 degrees
- High resolution and high Definition 4K video recording
- 20.1-megapixel 1″ CMOS sensor, Captures high-resolution images up to 5472 x 3648 pixels, that lets you maintain high resolution even after cropping, trimming.
- 4.2x optical/4x digital/17x total zoom, 3″ color multi-angle touch-screen LCD display, Video mode Records Full HD movie clips at 60 fps with audio.
- World's Fastest (0.05 Sec.) Hybrid Af System (Contrast + Phase) / World's Most – 315 Phase Detection – Af Points On A Compact Camera
- 20.1Mp 1″ Exmor Rs Stacked Back Illuminated Cmos Sensor W/ Dram / 4K Movie W/ Direct Pixel Readout, No Pixel Binning And Fast Hybrid Af
- Bright F1.8- F2.8 Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens (24-70Mm) / Wi-Fi/NFC/Qr Code For Easy File Transfer Or Remote Control / Super Slow-Motion Movie Hfr (High Frame Rate) Up To 960 Fps (40X)
- 5-AXIS BODY IMAGE STABILIZATION: A new gyro sensor increases the image stability compensation power of the 5-Axis Body image stabilization to correct hand-shake for all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with optical image stabilization
- DUAL I.S: The Lumix G85 integrates 5-Axis Dual I.S.2 (Image Stabilizer), combining 5-axis body and 2-axis lens stabilization for more effective handshake correction and compensation for shots up to 5 f-stop
- 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor delivers incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements
- ISO 100 – 12800, ISO auto (expandable to 25600), Capture fast-action shots at up to 6 fps (frames per second)
- 45-point autofocus quickly tracks and locks onto your subject, Capture spectacular movies in Full HD (1080p), Built-in Wi-Fi to instantly share your pictures
MICROPHONE. Some people wouldn't mind a low-quality video, but bad sound quality will be more than enough for them to get frustrated and eventually shutting it down. Your video quality may not be as enticing as it can be but having a good sound quality is very important. Having
Because of this, it is important to have an excellent microphone available to make sure the quality of your audio is constantly at its best standard. To achieve your best vlogging experience, you have to always reconsider having an external microphone. Onboard microphones in cameras are not recommended for vlogging as they don't have high-quality sound for recording. The difference is, built-ins microphones don't accept sounds that are not pointing in the same direction. Either you use the following for vlogging like USB microphone, a lavalier microphone or a shotgun microphone.
Recommended microphones for vlogging.
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6″ length)
- INCLUDES: Rode DeadCat VMPR and Watson 9V Rechargeable NiMH Battery
- Element-Condenser,Polar pattern-Omnidirectional,Cable6 m (20′) terminated with 3.5 mm (1/8″) dual mono mini-plug
- Frequency response-50 – 18,000 hz
- Open circuit sensitivity-54 dB
- Impedance-1,000 ohms,Battery type-Lr44
- Condenser Element with Omnidirectional Polar pattern
- Freq resp: 50 Hz-18,000 Hz, Imp: 1000 ohm +/-30%
- Omni pickup pattern offers full coverage
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording. Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Lightning and Mac USB cables included.
- Coiled 1/8″ (3.5mm) Mini TRS Connector
- Integrated Shock Mount
- All Metal Construction
- Sennheiser MZW400 Wind-muff and XLR Adapter Kit for the MKE400 included
- Single AAA Battery Powered( 4 Pack Watson AAA Batteries Included
- condenser shotgun microphone designed
- The full frequency response
- transparency make it an ideal film
LIGHTING is a very significant tool when it comes to indoor filming, in order to achieve awesome pictures you need to have additional lighting but as much as you can it is best to have natural light. Indoor videos will be more spectacular to have if you have a
Best Lighting Equipment for Video Marketing
- 500W ring light with 5500k Daylight bulb included
- Camera mounts to inside of light ring
- Includes mounting bracket for cameras on tripods, as well as gooseneck for flexible mounting on light stands
- Comes with 6′ Diva Ring Light stand
TRIPOD, You will still need one to stabilize or elevate a camera for difficult angles you want to obtain. Viewers don't like to watch your video if you have shaky outputs. However, it is much more important to have a quality tripod
Using a tripod is not only to hold the camera steady throughout the exposure but it helps you get razor sharp crisp pictures and less image noise in shooting slow shutter speed.
Additionally, tripods are recommended to use when you want to come up with time-lapse videos as it gives you more emphasis on the focal point mainly because you want to record numerous shots and it gives you balanced from tilting.
Here are our top picks for Camera and Smartphone tripods essential for vlogging:
- CONVENIENT: From 19’’ to 77’’ Flexible Adjustment.4-section column legs with quick release flip-locks allows you to adjust the working height from 19’’ to 77’ in seconds. A winner in height!
- FLEXIBLE: 360°PANORAMA AND BALL JOINT: The specially designed ball-head can rotate 360° and get free angles, allowing you to get the perfect shot and amazing panorama every time.
- TRAVEL/OUTDOOR: 19’’ compact storage size and easily carried with a
bag. Tripod legs can be adjusted in three levels of opening angle to stabilize on varying grounds and incline levels. Suitable for travel or outdoor shooting.
- Lightweight & Compact: weighs 3.90 lbs, folded to 26″, good for travel and hiking
- Fluid head with removable pan bar gives you smooth shot horizontally and vertically.
- Aluminum leg in 5 sections with flip locks
enablefast and fumble-free set-up. Extend to 73 inches.
- Universal phone mount adapter- works for smartphones up to 3.54” wide like iPhone 8/8 Plus/x/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6 & Samsung. By a standard ¼ inch adaptor screw thread, It is compatible with digital cameras like Nikon/Canon, DSLR, GoPro (GoPro adapters included).
- Selfie mode made possible – A wireless remote control allows you take shots (portrait and landscape) from a distance of up to 30 feet, Perfect for taking selfies, group photos, filming, vlogging,
andsteady tripod shots.
- Electric camera slider 6 in 1 with tracking shooting, panoramic shooting, time-lapse, video capture, free set starting point, and ending point
- For fixed-point shooting, you can adjust the red knob on both sides of the slider to the upper left corner and the lower right corner
- For 120 degrees Panorama shooting, slide the red knob on both sides of the camera slider to the lower left corner and the upper right corner
- Set the starting and ending points as needed, the sliding speed, the dwell time, the sliding distance, the pause time, the number of pictures etc.
In order for your viewers to love every bit of the video content your filming, It is a must to have a good VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE. Basic video editing software most of which can already be found in your computer particularly on Mac. It can already help you with editing your content materials.
Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro
As for now these are the five significant gears you must have as a starter pack in order to pursue vlogging, you will definitely spend more vlogging essentials as you go along. Now you have everything noted, Get up and kick start in setting up your life into the digital world of recording! Keep posted for more tips on how you can begin your vlogging career from beginner to pro.